ABOUT DURHAM REGION NON-PROFIT HOUSING CORPORATION:
Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation is a social housing provider for the Region of Durham. It is home to approximately 1128 units with low and moderate-incomes in its 18 residential properties. Our portfolio includes 7 high-rise and 11 low-rise townhome sites throughout the Region.
The mission of Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation is to help meet the housing needs of the Region’s diverse population through the provision of a practical, well-maintained and affordable housing portfolio integrated within the community. The Corporation assists with related services to support residents in their housing.
Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation is seeking a highly motivated individual for a Live-In Superintendent position. The successful candidate will provide superintendent services for a 44 unit townhouse complex. As a member of Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation, the Superintendent is accountable directly to the property manager.
The Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Site cleaning and maintenance to promote a clean, safe and healthy environment
- Undertake maintenance and repairs both internally and externally
- Carrying out preventative maintenance inspections and procedures on mechanical equipment as required, and reporting any deficiencies noted to the Property Manager
- Respond to emergencies, and interaction with building residents
- Prepare garbage/recycling for disposal
- Repair, maintenance and ground work to building exterior and interior (including routine electrical and plumbing)
- Ability to paint (touch ups)
- Excel at customer service and team work
- Schedule move-ins and move-outs
- Show vacant & occupied units to prospective tenants
- Respond to request for repairs
- Enforce Corporation policies and procedures
- Attend training as required
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must have knowledge, experience and be comfortable undertaking janitorial duties and working with building machinery/equipment such as emergency generators, heating/boiler systems, makeup air units, circulating pumps, etc. Experience in a similar role is required, as well as effective communication and interpersonal skills. Respect for confidentiality is a must as well as professional conduct and safe working practices.
The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory police clearance; have a reliable vehicle, valid G class driver’s license and insurance.
As an employer, Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation is committed to build an organization that reflects the diversity of our tenants and communities we serve. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who represent diverse communities.
Please apply in confidence; consideration will be given as applications are received.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as soon as possible to:
Ana Popadic, Executive Assistant
Email: email@example.com Fax: 905-436-5361
Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation
28A Albert Street, Oshawa, ON L1H 8SC
Please quote the job posting number with your submission; posted internally on January 25, 2016.