ABOUT DURHAM REGION NON-PROFIT HOUSING CORPORATION:
Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation is a social housing provider for the Region of Durham. It is home to approximately 1128 units with low and moderate-incomes in its 18 residential properties. Our portfolio includes 7 high-rise and 11 low-rise townhome sites throughout the Region.
The mission of Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation is to help meet the housing needs of the Region’s diverse population through the provision of a practical, well-maintained and affordable housing portfolio integrated within the community. The Corporation assists with related services to support residents in their housing.
Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation is seeking a highly motivated individual for a Live-In Relief Superintendent position. The successful candidate will provide relief superintendent services for a 84 unit apartment building while the full time superintendent is off duty and/or for vacation coverage as required. As a member of Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation, the Relief Superintendent is accountable directly to the property manager.
The Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Daily inspections and maintenance to promote a clean, safe and healthy environment.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance inspections and procedures on mechanical equipment as required, and reporting any deficiencies noted to the Property Manager.
- Respond to emergencies, and interaction with building residents.
- Prepare garbage/recycling for disposal.
- Repair, maintenance and ground work to building exterior and interior (including routine electrical and plumbing).
- Ability to paint (touch ups)
- Excel at customer service and team work
- Schedule move-ins and move-outs
- Show vacant & occupied units to prospective tenants
- Respond to request for repairs
- Enforce Corporation policies and procedures
- Attend training as required
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must have knowledge, experience and be comfortable working with building machinery/equipment such as emergency generators, heating/boiler systems, makeup air units, circulating pumps, etc.
Experience in a similar role is required, as well as effective communication and interpersonal skills. Respect for confidentiality is a must as well as professional conduct and safe working practices.
The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory police clearance for the vulnerable sector; have a reliable vehicle, valid G class driver’s license and insurance.
As an employer, Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation is committed to build an organization that reflects the diversity of our tenants and communities we serve. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who represent diverse communities.
Please submit your resume and cover letter including the Job Posting number, as soon as possible to:
Ana Popadic, Executive Assistant
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 905-436-5361
Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation
28A Albert Street, Oshawa, ON L1H 8SC